Affiliate Marketing: The Beginners Guide
First off, to learn more about our affiliate program, read this post.
Promoting a product and earning a commission from it, is what is referred to as affiliate marketing. The concept of affiliate marketing started taking perfect shape in the year 1994. In the recent past, affiliate marketing has become one of the best means for passive income. An affiliate marketer simply finds various affiliate platforms to work with, the products or services to promote and for every sale/lead/click a certain commission percentage is earned.
An affiliate marketer’s performance is tracked through the various product-promoting affiliate links provided by the sellers (product owners/brand). These links are shared by the affiliates on different social platforms or websites. Each affiliate chooses how to market their product of choice, in a way that ensures their conversion rates yield good results.
For affiliate marketing to be effective there has to be:
- The Product/Service owner(brand)
- The Affiliate Marketer
- The Consumer
So, how do these three work to ensure affiliate marketing is a success?
- The Product/Service Owner (Brand): The product they offer maybe physical like ‘beauty products and cosmetics’ or it might be a service such as ‘how to’ video tutorials and eBooks. In most cases, these parties need not necessarily participate in marketing unless otherwise.
- The Affiliate Marketer: The title affiliate marketer is not limited to anyone; it can either be an individual marketer or a company. The affiliate strategically promotes and markets the owner’s products using different channels to ensure they convert a lot of traffic to potential clients. For effective, positive results, most affiliates choose to target a specific audience. By doing this, the affiliate marketer gets a clear picture of the niche or brand with the best conversion potential.
- The Consumer: The major role of the consumer is to purchase products and services offered by the product owner through the affiliate marketer.
Which Methods Do affiliate Earn Through
The common question among many beginners is how the affiliate earns after connecting the consumer to the seller. Well, the consumer needn’t always make a purchase for the affiliate marketer to earn.
Below are the different ways through which an affiliate marketer earns from different platforms:
- Pay per Sale: In this case scenario, the affiliate marketer must convince the answer to make a purchase for them to actually earn.
- Pay per Lead: In this method, an affiliate has to convince a consumer to visit the product owner’s website or platform and complete a specific action, and that way marketer gets to earn a commission.
- Pay per Click: Here, and affiliate marketer has to put in effort in convincing the consumer to move from the affiliate’s marketing platform to the seller’s The affiliate marketer is then paid according to the increase in the web traffic on the seller’s website.
Affiliate marketing is one of the best options if you’re looking for a substantial means of passive income. Affiliate marketing doesn’t require a lot of special skills to succeed; motivation is key. A good strategy and an idea of your target audience goes a long way too.
So, what are you waiting for? join our affiliate program by registering here.